“A collaborative effort to re-define our collective values, ideals and standards - The Ghana challenge”
It is very difficult if not impossible to consciously or conspicuously define the VALUES, IDEALS AND STANDARDS which define us as Ghanaians. Our deceit that we are free, hospitable and gentle is a laughable notion of what we don't have and have also not defined. WE NEED A PARADIGM SHIFT!!! Our Aims:
The failure of Ghana to have a clear set of values that bind us, a unanimous standard by which to measure our achievements and the ideals we should aspire to, has left the nation frustrated and hopeless. Mediocrity, laziness, ignorance, a scarcity mentality and small mindedness has unfortunately become the mainstay.
Signs of Failure:
• Negative news in our media everyday
• The corruption in the private and government sectors of the economy
• Deplorable sanitation, embarrassing and dehumanizing lifestyles for a
majority of our people
• Jealousy and propensity to destroy success
• Failure to manage success
• Distaste for growth, development and convenience
• A generation of lost identity and future of no hope, where mediocrity has become a standard
• Failure to institute and promote appropriate schemes of standards, values and ideals
• A nation of huge wealth but with a begging attitude and willingness to flaunt our incompetence
• No tangible, scientific and measured falling point for the people
VDN 2012 aims to unite Ghanaians to re-define our common VALUES, IDEALS and STANDARDS as a people and project them to become
the standard by which all will be judged by. Values need to be more than just written; they need to be acted upon, demonstrated, spoken
about and made visible.
What VALUES truly define us as a nation and how do we develop them?
post your comments here